Saturday, February 28, 2009

He's Here--Meet Dane Taylor Pollei

He's here..... February 28 2009!!!

Weighing in at 7 lbs. 5 oz, 20 inches long.

Our story:

On Friday 2-28-09, at 3pm my doctor stripped my membranes.... by 10:00 pm I was starting heavy labor. Decided to leave the house at 10:45pm. Arrived at the hospital in major pain and dialated to a 5. Within minutes I was at a 7 (even before they submitted me to the actual labor and delivery room). (In our hospital they keep you in a Pre-labor unit to get you prepped for the real thing)!! They were taking TOO LONG--because I needed to push right then and there. When I said that and after violent vomiting, they finally got my IV in an sent me upstairs. I got my epidural a half hour later, an then they broke my water. Within 20 minutes I was at dialated to a 10 and ready to push. I started pushing at 1:28am and he arrived at 1:35am. I even appartently pushed him out without a contraction. Apparently you only push on your contractions, but hey can you blame me.... he was coming and I couln't wait any longer. He was healthy and happy when he came out. He is doing great, latching on phenonmenally and sleeping great. I am recovering well with little pain and happy to be breast feeding again. Zoe came by today to meet her little brother and they seemed to be quite happy to reunite after not seeing each other for 18 months!! They are exactly 18 months and 2 days apart. We couldn't be more excited to have this little guy here (especially me--haha)! He looks like Zoe, and he looks like a little of this and that... you decide for yourself. I can't add pictures to the blog for some reason, but I have created a link for you to see our pictures... I hope you enjoy and more are to come. p.s. these are not edited or anything...just straight off my camera.

Love and miss you all.

Taylor, Amber, Zoe Brooke, and DANE TAYLOR POLLEI

http://gallery.me.com/taylorpollei#100195

20 comments:

Katie & Andy said...

congrats Amber! I'm so glad he made it here, for his sake and yours! Your labor story sounds intense and exciting! I'm glad everyone is doing well. congratulations and good luck!

Christen said...

Congratulations!! He is so cute and I love the pics of Dane with his big sister. So precious. Take Care!

Meier Family said...

Seriously he is such a cute baby and I love the pics of you and him and Zoe and him....so dang cute! You look amazing---are you sure he wasn't just brought into your room?:) You look great and he is a perfect addition to your family!

Kristin said...

Am he is a dolly!!You look good also! I love the name. My mom and Grandma saw the pic's and loved them!! Love you!

Rachel said...

Such a cute name, and I think he looks a lot like Zoe. Love the pictures, Zoe is going to be a rockstar sister. You look so happy and we are glad everything went so well. Congratulations!

Heather said...

Congratulations! We're so happy for you. Please keep us posted as to when the blessing will be. We are excited to meet baby Dane!

Jamie said...

congrats you guys! he is so darling! love his name! glad to know everything went well and he is finally here! enjoy this fun time! : )

Josh, Abbie, Tienna and Kiara said...

Congrats you guys!! We're so glad Dane's here and everyone is doing well. Super cute pictures, we can't wait to meet the little guy!

Becky said...

How cute are those pictures!! Congrats girlie! I love the name. Glad to hear that your all doing well. Can't wait to see more pictures! Love ya

harrisfamily said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little baby boy!

Ellie m. said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS....he's so perfect. Cant wait to see him!!

Jess said...

Congrats! I am jealous that you are done and he is here! Best of luck with everything!

kellibelli said...

AHH! My mom told me the great news! Thank you for calling! I just got back internet right now and came straight to your blog for an update. DANE! Just like my dream! I cannot wait to meet him! I feel connected to him already! I am so glad he is nursing so well and eating so well! I know this does not mean you are sleeping at night, so when you feel up to it I would love to talk to you!

kellibelli said...

And, I just looked at the pics, you look AMAZING! And he is so SO SO cute! Great pics! I love the natural light from the window! I am now officially dying to meet him!

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

Wow. Congrats!

Shannon said...

Love the name, love the pics, love you guys!!

Cheryl said...

congrats amber! Glad to hear he has finally arrived and is healthy!!! He looks darling. You got some great shots.

Peter and Jen Bell said...

Congratulations Amber, that is so exciting!

Holly Sanders said...

what a beautiful baby! After reading how he arrived, you totally could have gone natural right? You went so fast! I would say no the epidural was worth it, even if it was only for an hour. Love the name too--Dane is on our list of boy names if we have a boy. Congrats!

Angela said...

Congratulations! Dane is adorable! Jeff said he saw you guys yesterday at St Chris. I'm glad everything went well...those 2nd babies like to come fast don't they?! (Caleb was 2.5 hours) Glad to hear you're doing well! What a cute family of 4!