Monday, February 16, 2009

Response

Hi guys...

Ok, so I laughed when I read your comments to my last post. Ok, let me clear some things up. When I say that I am desperate to get this baby out.... I am NOT --LET ME REPEAT--NOT Desperate enough to try Castor Oil!! In fact I don't think I would ever try it even if I was at my 40 week mark. I too have heard horrible stories and wouldn't want to wish that on myself on top of labor.

Also...I am pretty much ignoring my contractions (advice of my nurse) because I have them all day and all night. Hence that is why I am so dialated and why I am so anxious for them to kick into true Labor. However, I am not really doing anything out of my normal routine. I can't for the sake of my 17month old hang out in the house all day... so we go on walks and to the Please Touch Museum to get out of the house. If I happen to go in labor than I am ok with it. You must remember what it is like the last few weeks of your pregnancy... No Sleep, bathroom visits all throughout the day and night, and the ever-most popular feeling of not being able to breathe.

So no worries, this baby will come when he wants to, I obvisouly can't do anything about it because nothing seems to kick these continual contractions into high gear. So for now, I ignore, wait and pray that things move along soon and that time passes quickly. However, if I am still prego by 40 weeks, I think I might take some of your advice to help this little guy along his way.

Thanks for caring, and you're all right... he does need to stay put. (but not for long right?)

Smiles =)

3 comments:

Katie & Andy said...

Amber I totally undersdtand where you are coming from. The last 2 weeks until my due date were so long and I wasn't dilating so I was discouraged on top of being miserable! Little did i know my William had his own plan...stay in as long as possible! He was 9 days late and only came out b/c of the pitocin! Good luck and I hope he comes early for you!

The Bottjer Family said...

Phew.... glad that you're not crazy enough to take Castor oil.... NO WAY!!!! Just keep busy and before you know it he'll be here. Atleast that's what I keep telling myself about baby Tyler. By the way, have you decided on a name yet?

Jeff Miller said...

Good luck. Its no fun at the end. I am 30 weeks, and already feel the effects of the end of pregnancy, so I'm pretty jealous of you. I have those freaking contractions usually from 4 months on every hour. So fun, aren't they? Well, I hope your little bundle arrives safe and sound soon!