Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hey Friends and Family...

So I am officially 37 weeks on Tuesday, but I thought I would share my good but proving to be bad news so far.  


So I go in for my 36 week appointment and find out that I am 4cm dialated.  Ya--- can you believe it?  Ok so I had contractions for two days straight and still nothing right after my exam. I actually went into the hospital because they were so frequent (3-5 minutes apart) for several hours.  My nurse thought that I might be more dialated and that I might be in true labor.  But of course when I got there, they slowed down and I was still at a 4cm--so they sent me home.  I was so bummed.  I am just at that "please get this baby out of me" stage and totally willing to have this kid any day.  

So its actually been bad that I know I'm so far dialated because now I am expecting every little braxton hicks to turn into labor.  My doc says that I could go any day, but here I am still preggo. So against my own mother's wishes... I've tried to jump start this labor.  (She thinks he needs to bake a little longer--which is probably true... but if he comes he comes and I am not against that at this point).  I've had spicy food --peppers, sushi and I've tried walking around as much as possible--but nothing is working.  I am not desperate enough to try castor oil because I'm seriously not even full termyet, but my am getting reeally anxious.  Technically I am full term on Tuesday so I think it's fair game that he come any time after that.  My doc says that he is about 7 lbs and would be fine if he came after 37 weeks.  So any suggestions as to how jump start labor---I am up for anything.  (Oh and yes, I am aware of the other thing that I can do---no need to mention it- because seriously... that's just not quite comfortable these days--hahaha)!!! I will keep you all updated.  

Zoe update: 
"Coo--kee Peees" (cookie please) is what we hear after dinner just about every night.  I can hand her any kind of cookie: chocolate chip, anmial, whatever...but the only one she wants is an Oreo.  So you would think that she would just devour the whole thing.. Nope not Zoe.  She has seriously mastered the twist, open and lick method.  No joke she can even pull off the entire circle of frosting.  She discards the actual oreo part when she's finished with all of the frosting and she turns to me and says..."more cookie!!"  We've resorted to breaking the cookie in half so she thinks that she's getting two cookies instead of one.  We really don't mind her eating them since she only has one a day and the girl could definately use some calories.  

Her latest sayings are:
Please and Thank you... which sound more like: "Pees and Tank--U"  

She of course can point to and say: 
Shoes, toes, eyes, ears, mouth and nose.  If you ask her where mommy's baby is, she runs over to my belly and lifts my shirt up and blows zerberts on it.  If you ask her where you belly is, she unfortunately calls it "baby" too and laughs histarically.  She even thinks daddy has a baby... we will have to clear this all up after the baby comes.  

She can give high-5's and must give everyone a high-5 if they are in the room.  She even has to give it over skype if she sees you.  

She loves to run around the house from one end to the other screaming, dancing and twirling in circles.  She makes herself so dizzy that I have to watch her so she doesn't hit anyting.  
She gives us big hugs and kisses around our necks and is such a sweetheart.

We are sad that she won't be the only little baby in our lives because we are so used to doing just her.... but we are soooo excited to meet her little brother.  I think she will be a great big sister.  One that I will have to watch very closely...but still be so proud and excited to have him in our home. 

Thats a little glimpse into our lives.  Pictures are coming ... I know---they've been coming.  I'm working on it.




7 comments:

Christen said...

Good luck, Amber! Hopefully labor will be QUICK since you're almost half way dilated! YAY!!!

Holly Sanders said...

as far as the other thing jump starting your labor--well i've had 3,a nd it NEVER worked for me, just made me more uncomfortable than I already was. Castor oil???? just hopefully you take care of the after effects before you get to the hospital and have to start pushing--sorry as an L & D nurse, we were never quite crazy about the women who took castor oil. Good luck! I just consider you lucky since I never have gone into labor on my own and am always over due and on Pitocin. by the way, i agree with your mom--he should cook a little longer.

Brooke said...

I know you are totally at the point where you are ready to get the baby out, but you should try to hang in there. I know it is the last thing you want to hear, but I have heard a lot of stories from my sister inlaw who works at the hospital nursery here in town. Even at 37 weeks it can be tough. I'm not trying to worry you, but hang in there:) Castor oil, it is an old wives tale. I have heard horror stories about that from ladies who have done it. Good luck!

The Bottjer Family said...

Just stay off your feet and let him come. Don't take castor oil. My friend did it and was SOOOOOO sick... I've only heard horror stories. It's one thing to be in labor, but another to be super sick on top of it. No thanks! Good luck. Can't wait to see pictures of him.

Kristin said...

Hey cousin. Sorry I missed your call. I love the story and I miss Zoe. I hope you come soon too! I will be praying for you. ;) I am glad you are having so much fun being a mom. I miss you and love you!!

Steve & Becky Pollei said...

Thank you for your sweet update, Zoe sounds delightful! Good luck on your delivery and we're excited to hear how it all goes! I agree with your mom, I hope he has a little while longer only because he will be stronger. Good luck to all 3 of you!

McCoy said...

Hey Amber.. Its ashlee , justins sister.. i thought i'd let u know my lil story about lexi. Lexi was 2 weeks early and her lungs still werent fully developed and she was in the NICU for 2 weeks :( Had to come home on oxygen for 4 months and a heart monitor. So just hang in there haha it was horrible and wish i would have be able to keep her in the last 2 weeks to make sure everything was perfect. Hope everythings well with you guys.. i cant believe how big zoe is getting! How fun!!