Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Update

DANE had his month old appointment today and he was a whopping 9 lbs. 10 oz. Ok, just to remind you he was born at a whopping 7 lbs. .5 oz... he is getting big FAST!!! He is sleeping wonderfuly and nursing great. He's such a good baby and he hardly cries (except for the normal things baby's cry for like- food and dirty diapers-- and even then... he's so good that he really doesn't really even cry much for those things. He's very patient and a very pleasant baby. He cringes when his big sister runs around the house screaming, but he seems to tolerate her hugs and licks (she still hasn't figured out the closed mouth kisses yet). I think he is adjusting to being in our busy home very well.

ZOE LOVES DANE and is getting quite good at helping me burp him, change him and even throw away his dirty diapers. She gets so excited to see him every morning when she wakes up and asks about him through out the day if she doesn't see him (like if he is in in his crib napping). She is hilarious and totally talking more and more. She has discovered what a phone is and uses anything and everything as a phone. She walks around talking to Nanna and Papa on her fake phones--saying "Hallo" and "Bye" and talking in total jibberish. She can say purple and yellow, and has a new and keen ear for airplanes and helecopters. She's always noticed them before, but now, even when I don't hear them she will point to the sky to the most faint engine sounds and get really excited. She is still obessed with balls, babies, and dogs and loves looks out the window to watch our neighborhood squirrels scury on our back porch. She walks around her with babies patting them on the back and burping them, and I have even caught her trying to give them a bottle every now and then. She loves to hug baby brother and hold him, but only for about 5 seconds and then she is done. She is full of life and energy.

TAYLOR Taylor is excited to have matched in Arizona and is using a lot of his time right now to help us find a home. We are having a lot of fun house searching and exploring our new stopping grounds on google map. He is doing a Radiology rotation right now and is finalizing his last few weeks here in school. He is packing, cleaning, babysitting and learning the ropes of his new job coming up. He can't wait until we move--we are soo excited. However, he says that he is sad and will miss Philly a lot--- it's definately a bittersweet moment for him.

ME I am just as thrilled about Arizona and too have had a lot of fun searching for a home to buy. I am thrilled with my growing baby boy and my little Zoe girl and how much both of them change so much everyday. I am so proud to see their individual accomplishments and have been adjusting as well as a I can to this new balancing act. I get excited if I get a nap and a load of laundry done these days. My latest exciting news for myself is that I am only ten pounds away from my pre-prego weight...and I am excited because I am almost coming up on my 6 week post partum mark-- yea- Gym here I come!!!

We are trying to do the last bit of Philly stuff here and enjoying our days as much as possible before we really have to leave. Life is stressful, exhausting and exciting...whaat more could we ask for right?

5 comments:

Jamie said...

sounds like you guys are doing well and are getting so excited to move to AZ. zoe sounds like such a cute big sister! sadie is really into phones, balls, dogs, and pointing at airplanes right now too. it would be so fun to live close to each other so our girls could play. xo!

Britters and Parx said...

wow, you are living a fast paced life these days!! loved hearing what you have been up to. keep the posts coming! When will you be in Utah again??

Kristin said...

Hey you! I just loved reading about how you all are doing. I miss you and really hope we can live by each other. Chris is a little uncertain about getting into school this year. It may take longer than I thought. I can't get my hopes up. But at least you are close enough to drive to, to visit!! YEAH I can't wait. I am graduating in August, and am kind of busy till then, so maybe a trip around that time. Chris says its tooo hot in August, but he can suck it up!! Hope to see you in June when you come to visit!! Miss you and Love you!! xo

Flinders Family said...

So cool that you will be in AZ...so much closer for you to come to our reunion, right? Congrats on the adorable baby boy too!

Shannon said...

Congratulations on your new little one! He's so sweet. I haven't checked your blog in awhile and I was so excited to see you had another baby. Let me know how it is raising two, it looks hard.