Sunday, April 26, 2009

Updated pictures of our House

So I have a cool story...

Taylor's ENT Residency Program at the Mayo Clinic accepts only 2 new residents per year. This year they accepted Taylor, and another graduating medical student- Santino Cevantes, who ironically is LDS. What are the chances of that happening right? So we were so excited that both Taylor and Santino matched at the Mayo, especially since they already knew each other and worked together. (They both did away rotations last year at the same time-you know when we were traveling all over the place). Not to mention that Santino has a wife with a brand new baby boy a few months older than Dane. So we were hoping to get together and do somethings right?

Well, they too needed to buy a home since they were going to be out in AZ for 5 years and it only makes sense with the market these days.

So we told them to check out our neighborhood to see if they liked it and the area. It turns out that they did... and they bought the house right next door to us!!! How awesome is that? I don't know anyone in AZ, yet I sorta do already. I take that back, I get to live about 8 minutes from my wonderful sister-in-law Abbie for the next year before her husband graduates from Midwestern Medical School. (Hopefully they will stick around in AZ for his residency, we will have to wait and see on that). But I am so excited because I already know someone I can borrow a cup a sugar, go on walks with the kids, and she will totally understand exactly what we are going through.... her husband will be doing the exact same thing.

So what are the odds-- Only 2 residents per year, both happen to by LDS, both with kids, and now both living in the same neighborhood-- as next door neighbors. Does the Lord work in mysterious ways or what?

Anyways, here are the pictures Santino sent us of our homes when he was in AZ last week. We are on the end and they are the tanish one right next to us. The next one is our our two homes and the connecting side yard aka "our backyard." Then finally, the third one is our view of the pool from our porch.

Cool huh!!!



8 comments:

Jenn S. said...

Gorgeous Amber! We are so happy for you guys and can't wait to hear all about your AZ adventures!

Hugs
Jenn

Kristin said...

I am so happy for you guys!!! I can't wait to come and vist! When will you be in Utah again?? I want to see you all! Have a safe trip to AZ! Love you lots xoxo

Jamie said...

that really is such a blessing! heavenly father was really looking out for ya! so happy for you!

santino, polly and little dude Eli said...

This is Polly. Thanks for the email and yeah, I can't wait to get together. I have my side of story about buying the home next door to you. I guess I will tell you all later. :) Anyway, your home is beautiful, I can tell you that! We are so glad we were able to get you a couple more pictures, if I knew you haven't seen it yourself we would have taken more pictures for you!

When was your son born? I think Eli and Dane are no less then a month apart, Eli was born on Feb 5th.

Well, thanks for sharing your family blog with us, you have a beautiful family. I can't wait to meet each other. See you soon.

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

I love the new house. I looked at your old post and saw that you live pretty close to where my brother did live. When do you move?

kellibelli said...

Um...wow! That is so cool! That is a tender mercy if I have ever heard one. When are you coming to CALI? I know it is soon...but when? So I can plan! Love you mucho!

Vicki said...

Um....Amber...do you happen to know anyone else in AZ? Figured you forgot. Congrats on your home purchase and its an exciting time. Love ya-

Aunt Vicki

kellibelli said...

Hey are you there now in Arizona? Let me know how things are going!