Friday, December 19, 2008

Ok... Sorta Cool.. but I know I am lame!

So this last summer I was obsessed with watching So You Think You Can Dance...One of the best Dance shows out there and MUCH BETTER THAN DANCING WITH THE STARS---

One of the girls that I liked was Kherington. She unfortunately got kicked off after she made the top 10. She wasn't my number one choice but still... I liked her dances with Twitch and some of the other guys. So anyways..... I was at South Coast Mall (in So. Cal) yesterday with my parents, hubbie and Zoe. She walked past us and I thought it was her, but Taylor was convinced that it wasn't.

I knew we would argue about it forever and ever.... (and yes I am admitting he watched it with me so he does know who she is)
But... I am sick of him thinking I am crazy when I say I know someone but just can't figure out how I know them. (We have this thing where I always say... I know that person... and he always says know you don't, but my problem is I can remember a face just not exactly where I know them from.

Anyways.. after following her around in Sephoria... (I was sorta being a pregnant stalker lady).... I just went up to her.

OF COURSE I WAS RIGHT!!! It was her. She was so nice and she was with this ugly boyfriend of hers, but he was a nice guy, just not cute enough for her. Anyways... We chatted for about 5 minutes and I got the scoop on her. She's filiming a moving called "FAME" and she keeps in touch with the other contestants. She's from OC and grew up here so it was only natural for her to be at South Coast. So there you have it... I met Kherington from So You Think You Can Dance. She met Taylor and Zoe too, it was really fun, but NO I didn't ask for a picture because I thought that would be for sure lame. Although I would of loved one anyways.




So just for fun... The biggest celebrity I have ever personally met (other than Donny and Marie Osmond--who don't count because I grew up with Donny and Debbie and their kids in my home ward)..... Is...Robert Redford, I have personally met and spoken to to him. I worked at Sundance in their restaurant and of course being as he owned the whole restaurant it was only natural that he would eat there. I was his server. I also saw Sally Fields visiting there too.

I am curious, I know some people have seen celebs... but have you ever met and chatted with anyone really famous? If so, do tell--- I would love to know!

11 comments:

Ellie m. said...

you met donny...i think he's so cute :)

Jamie said...

that is way cool amber! i loved her too! my friend ran in to chelsea from the show at the gym a few months ago. it's nice to know they are just normal people.

we love the show too...kody will even admit it :) my 18 year old sis jackie is planning on trying out for it. she just went to a 2 day mia michaels convention here in dallas and got to dance with her and meet her. awesome, huh?

hope you guys have a merry christmas! oh, and look for my card...i sent it off.

kellibelli said...

I have met Joan Rivers as a kid, also saw Ben from Felicity at the cranberry concert, also...nancy reagan came to my elementary school, was in the elevator with one of the robbers from Home Alone, and sat next to Sinbad at the airport....we both were eating sandwiches but he was on the cell phone... does mitt romneys son count? I think that is it. It is a rush seeing a celebrity...I hope to meet Jennifer Gardner one day. I feel a connection with her. So how long are you in cali for?

Kristin said...

You are so funny! I miss you

Cheryl said...

Sad to say but no. But, we loved Kherington too and my husband watched the entire thing with me as well. Oh, and lame me wouldn't have even had the gutts to go up to her so way to go girl!

Shannon said...

I do not know if he really counts as a celebrity, but Corey's Family and I met Carlton off of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air in an airport in the Carribean. His wife is super nice and he has a darling daughter.

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

Oh! I just wrote a LOOOONG post. Perhaps too long for it to be saved??? It went to the bottom of the column? Bummer. Anyway, you ARE cool!!!

Joni said...

Okay, so Matt Leinard (Heisman Trophy winner from USC) now with the Cardnals. I was Debbie Osmond's visiting teacher. Good friends with Peter Vidmar (gold medalist 1984 Olympics). Glenn Cambell singer from the 70/80's of which most of you weren't even born yet. So I could go on with a few Church Brethern, but that will do for now. Name dropping is a funny thing. Short lived...

Neil said...

Amber...this is Neil Krauss (Squeal) from freshmen year at USU. I was talking with Kristin Emmett the other day and got pointed in the direction of your blog. Congrats on being pregnant. We're expecting one as well. Kristin has my contact info or you can email me via www.neilkrauss.com.

Adam, Jeffi and Charlotte Anne said...

Yay! I worked at Sundance too and would always see Sally Fields. That is fun! I hope all is well with you Amber....I love reading your blog. :) ~Jeffi

Anonymous said...

That is funny that you ran into her.I really liked her too!So over the break I met Gev at the Mall. I was a complete nerd and made a huge fool of myself. I was so excited that I kept stumbling over my words.