Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update!

Thanks for all of your advice gals... I have been reading it and implementing things that I thought would be helpful, and trust me things have gotten better.

I think her crackiness has been from many factors, but one that is for sure is the teething thing.
She still only has the one on bottom and now there is two coming in on TOP! Yup the first one finally broke a day ago and the other one is on its way. Being able to see progress is great and I feel like there is sorta light at the end of the tunnel because she is sleeping through the night better now that the one has broken through.

Ever since she was little I have played a water cd (complimentary of Happiest Baby on the block--I highly recommend it) and she at this point really relys upon that to calm her down. I am crazy because I cart it when we travel, but as many of you mentioned the "white noise" really does wonders for the sleeping. I think this will be done for awhile --probably all up until baby #2 comes. Then I will continue to do it because I want that same calming effect for him as well. Thanks for the encouragement--I didn't know that so many other moms rely upon those same tactics.

Also... it was encouraging to hear that other babies teethed just as late. So Zoe has hope for the rest of hers to come in --Yea!!

Arizona is beautiful and HOT!!! However, give me the heat any day over the cold and snow. Taylor is really enjoying his rotation and seems to be making a good impression. We can definately see ourselves here for residency. Cross your fingers for us!!!

Our schedule.... We are in town (AZ) until Oct 18th. Then we leave to Philly for a week. Then we fly to SLC on Oct 25th. We will be in Utah until Thanksgiving. Plans after that are still up in the air, but we most likely will be back to Philly in January.

We miss all of our friends in PA, but are enjoying our travels. Love to all across the miles.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Let us know where you are at ... maybe we can cross paths while you're in town - shoot an email and we can connect. :)

Kristin said...

I better get to see you!!

Vicki said...

Amber- I posted on your question a novel. May want to go back and read. Hope you enjoy AZ. Have fun with Joy-
Aunt Vicki

Jess said...

I didn't know you were in AZ. Let us know when you are in Utah and we should get together for dinner or something.

Katie Waldron said...

So glad that Zoe is doing better! We miss you in I-Town!!! Hurry back!