Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Zoe's 1st Birthday!!!

So even though I didn't get this post up until now... we did manage to celebrate Zoe's Birthday ON her birthday... AUGUST 26TH!!! Being as I have been a frequent visitor to the bathroom more than I would like and my nausea is still very present, I opted for a very low-key and quaint birthday party for Zoe. I don't think I could of done much more and really it was just nice to spend this time with family--in person and not over the phone or on Skype acorss the country.

Although we sorely miss our Philly friends Zoe still managed to have a good birthday party. The theme was "Birthday Princess"!!! Hahaa... I know really original, but I couldn't resist the hat and wand. She had her very own birthday cake personally made by the baker himself..and a very lovely cake for the rest of us, courtesy of my mother. (I feel like a yucky mommy since I can't do much for her, but I promised Zoe and myself...they we would try harder next year....and--I can guarentee I won't be puking my guts up then If I have anything to say about it.)

Anyways... so she didn't particularly wear her crown for long but she did like carring it around and waving her wand for eveyone to see. She was a perfect angel all day and even though we kept her up way late to open her presents and eat her cake--(we had to wait for daddy to get home from the hospita) ---she was a champ her first birthday and tackled her cake and presnts like an old pro. She was so sweet and such a delight to watch open all of her presents, she's quite animated for a 1-year-old.








Zoe is so funny to watch... She got lots of books, clothes and little toys, but it was quite apparent what her favories were... her baby doll (mommy and daddy), barbie doll and laptop (nanna and grandpa) and her very own nail polish set (grandma and grandpa Pollei).






HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOE ---WE LOVE YOU!!!!!-- Cake pictures are too come!!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday Zoe! What a little beauty!

Kristy and Dave said...

Zoe! You are getting so big! Happy Birthday--I can't wait to see you again.

Chaci said...

Yay Zoe! She's so beautiful. Looks like a great birthday, wish we could have been there!

Anonymous said...

love to get your diaper off and give u a big b day kiss on your special place