Thursday, September 6, 2007

Nanna's Quilt

So for those of you who don't know, my mother is a professional quilter. She's been sewing for over 25 years now and has made over 100 quilts. She's been published in Quilters magazine and she even has her own quilt company. So the quilt that you are seeing here is Zoe's very own personalized baby quilt from Nanna Corbin. My sister named it "Starburst" because of the bright colors... and as my mom says... She's our "Star that burst onto the scene." She's not allowed to really use it according to me, but we will see how she does when she gets older. No poopie stains are allowed on it... I think what we will do is hang it on the wall. Nanna wants her to use her quilt, but with all good intentions... I just don't want it to get ruined. Anyways.. isn't it beautiful? It matches my crib bumpers.. .also complimentary of Nanna Corbin. (Can be viewed in older posts). Thanks Nanna.. Zoe already misses you.







9 comments:

Katie said...

It's gorgeous! And so is your baby.

Nora said...

Amber~ She is beautiful! Hope to meet her someday!! You look great! Hope is well, Good Luck you will be an amazing mother!!

Holly Sanders said...

YOu're mom is so talented! I wish I was as good. LOve the colors!

Shannon said...

Amber-- I love the quilt-- I love all your mom's quilts!! She is amazing! By the way I think you look WOONDERFUL. You are a natural mom--keep up the good work! Love ya--Shannon

Lindsay said...

Amber--

Hey, I don't know if you remember me but we were in the BYU 199th ward with you. I recognized you from Leah's blog. Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and congrats on your new addiction. Girls are so much fun--we have a 14 1/2 month old that we just adore.

Take care!
Lindsay Schoenfeld

jenafeldman said...

congratulations!! (late-iknow) zoe is adorable and so is the quilt grandma made. i know what you mean when you say that she is growing too fast...enjoy her!

Alyssa said...

I agree with all the comments...that quilt is beautiful! It's so nice to have your momma come, and SO hard when they leave...

Chrissy said...

First and foremost, your baby is adorable and second, that quilt is amazing! Go g-mama Corbin!

Cannon Fam said...

What a darling baby! And you look awesome too! Good luck! Beautiful quilt too, you're mom is pretty talented.