Monday, March 29, 2010

RAGNAR AZ 2010!!!!!

204 + miles later, our team of 12 runners, FINALLY CROSSED THE FINISH LINE!!!! We had our ups and our downs, we threw up, got little to no sleep, partied, and just about passed out when it was all over. We started in Prescott AZ, and ended in Tempe/Mesa AZ. This is our team, (minus 1 who had to go home because she had the hardest legs of the whole thing). Joy was really sick, and we missed having her at the end, but it was fun the first day wasn't it? A small tribute to the boy/runner who lost his life during this race. It was so sad and surreal to hear of someone loosing their life while we ran this race, but life happens, and when it's your time to go, no matter how it happens, the lord is in charge. The 18 year old male was crossing a highway to give water to his team mate who was running at that time, and on his way back to the van he got hit by on-coming traffic. It was 2 am in the morning, and not very lit. We are sadden by the loss that the team and family had to face. It was a bitter-sweet ending to this race. We celebrated by eating at Cafe Rio. I'm pretty sure we all went home and crashed for 2 days Enjoy!!!
















9 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome! Where was my running buddy when we lived in Philly?

Stacie said...

That sounds sooooo cool! Can you email me more info on it cause it sounds like something Stephanie and I could possibly do next year. But good job!

Katie Waldron said...

You are such a rockstar for doing the Ragnar & you are as tiny as usual. I've heard horror stories from those races. :)

Love you & miss you!!! We need to catch up! Hope you are coming home to visit soon!!!

Kristin said...

nice am!!! you are awesome! i don't know if i could have done that. my hats off to you sissy! so sad about that boy. love all the pictures, you look rockin! miss and love you! xoxo

kellibelli said...

17 miles! are you kidding me????? Really sad that the boy died, I hope that his family has peace. You are amazing to do such a big race!

ellie said...

congrats amber, wow i cant believe you did that, its amazing...ps look at your hot body ms i have two kids!!! i miss you and love you. Keep in touch. I cant believe your little man is 1 already...when does the time go? i remember i got a text when you were giving birth.....MISS YOU

Heather said...

Way to go Amber! I've been wondering how it all went! What an amazing accomplishment! I love the team socks. :)

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

That is so awesome! I am thinking and hoping to actually run a race this year. Wish me luck. Oh, your kids are so beautiful!!

Jared Heather and Taegen Pete Johnstun said...

Cafe Rio... not fare! BTW- You looke amazing! I love your running outfits, the socks rock! Your kids are sooo big and adorable! They have both changed soooo much. Miss you and you need to come visit me and Kelley in Utah!